I've been a fan of Mightygirl for a couple of years, and not just because one of my thousands of nicknames is cmightym (although that IS pretty cool). Well today I was delighted to be featured among a list of different folks sharing their Mighty Lists, or what I call Life Lists. Go on and look - scroll past the brass instruments to find my contribution to today's anthology.
Below is the rest of my list as it currently stands for those who are interested. It's been fun just keeping such a list, and it's also been useful. Just committing goals and wishes to paper has helped me prioritize making them real. For example, this:
2. Complete a marathon
3. Go to Tuscany and eat my way through it
4. Mediterranean cruise of olive-eating and wine-drinking countries
5. Learn how to swim
6. Road trip across the U.S. with SLB to ballparks and obscure literary sites
7. Do a one-armed Rocky pushup like Caroline
8. Give homemade food/liquor as gifts
9. Write letters to loved ones
10. Learn how to play the ukulele
11. Send valentines out of season
12. Make cheese (Cheese kit purchased!)
13. Go to Day of the Dead celebration in Mexico
14. Go ziplining in the Redwoods or somewhere in the US where companies are scared of litigation and very, VERY careful.
15. Go to Dollywood and celebrate unironically
16. Go to Graceland and celebrate unironically
17. Go out for a lovely meal with excellent food and spectacular service BY MYSELF.