Thursday, January 21, 2010

Vital Stats



Livy just had her 6 month checkup this afternoon, and that there is 27 inches and 19 lbs 4.5 oz of sweet potato.  She's still in the 95th percentile for height and weight, which explains my previously mysterious ability to lift more at the gym than I could at the peak of my fitness.  So far she's weathered her vaccinations well.  She didn't register the first shot at all, and she turned red and screamed only once during the second shot.  Then we came home and had a good 2 hour nap, and now she's gleefully beating the tar out of her baby gym.  I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop, but maybe it'll remain suspended.  I sure hope so.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to cut this post short in order to enjoy Ali MacGraw playing the unexpected love interest of trucker hero Kris Kristofferson in the 1978 classic Convoy.  Oh, Burt Young, you were never meant to be anyone but Paulie.  And you, Ali, were never meant to be anyone but Jennifer Cavalleri...



Over and out.

UPDATE!  It turns out that I couldn't watch Convoy after all because my delicate postpartum hormones couldn't take the violence indicated by a horribly brutalized prisoner.  Stupid baby making me feel feelings.  If I can't even enjoy patently ridiculous movies such as this because they hurt my heart, what am I left with?  Romantic comedies?  Disney movies?  C-SPAN?  That's no way to live, people.

I guess I'll read a book.

Over and out and out and out.

2 comments:

Damon Agnos said...

That picture of Livy reminds me of the famous picture of teenage fugitive Colton Harris-Moore:

http://www.grahamlawyerblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/Colton-Harris-Moore-two-300x225.jpg

Perhaps someday she, too, will stick it to the man.

Christina said...

by "the man" do you mean her daddy?

i liked that shot because it looks like a self portrait. like sometimes she gets a hold of the camera and takes shot after shot of herself like her mom would.