Thursday, December 10, 2009

For the Rest of Us

It's no secret that Christmas is decidedly NOT the most wonderful time of the year around this house, although I do enjoy singing "The Most Wonderful Time of the Year" loudly at students as they come in on the first day of school.  No, we are a household full of grinches, one of us more notoriously so than others.




Ahem.

Thus, we do not decorate.  The thought of having to buy, maintain, and store objects whose sole function is to collect dust for 3-4 weeks out of the year is irritating to offensive, depending on my mood, and so we limit our holiday decor to the foot-tall, silver, pre-lit "space tree" I picked up at Lowe's for $2 a couple of years ago.  Its only ornaments are usually the two our friends, Katie and Zach, made us and a photo of my angelic cousin, Cinnamon, as a topper.  But, now that we are parents of a wee lass who is bound to find magic in the holidays as she gets older, I do understand that SLB and I will have to shelve our grinchish ways, most likely next to the boxes of Christmas detritus we will have to now accumulate in order to be festive.

So, I'm thinking of starting here (via mightygoods).


You can buy any letters you'd like from Restoration Hardware and then hang them as beautiful, tasteful ornaments.  Or, as I've been plotting, you can buy a P, an O, and another O and hang those.

Your holiday, your letters, your call.

My holiday, my letters, my call.

Hey, SLB has already ix-nayed this banner, so I've got to come at this problem from another angle.




Now get out there and spread some cheer!

No comments: